A store manager overheard a clerk saying to a customer:
No, ma’am, we haven’t had any for some weeks now, and it doesn’t look as if we’ll be getting any soon.
Alarmed by what was being said, the manager rushed over to the customer who was walking out the door and said:
That isn’t true, ma’am. Of course, we’ll have some soon. In fact, we placed an order for it a couple of weeks ago.
Then the manager drew the clerk aside and growled:
Never, never, never, never say we don’t have something. If we don’t have it, say we ordered it and it’s on its way. Now, what was it she wanted?
- customer relations – relações com fregueses, relações públicas
- overheard – entreouvir
- customer – freguês, cliente
- week – semana
- soon – em breve
- rushed over to – correu para
- place an order – fazer um pedido
- couple of weeks ago – duas semanas atrás
- growl – rugir, gritar, falar de forma exaltada
- rain – chuva