A young woman was having a physical examination and was very embarrassed because of a weight problem. As she removed her last bit of clothing, she blushed.
“I’m so ashamed, Doctor,” she said, “I guess I let myself go.”
The physician was checking hers eyes and ears.
“Don’t feel ashamed, Miss. You don’t look that bad.”
“Do you really think so, Doctor?” she asked.
The doctor held a tongue depressor in front of her face and said, “Of course. Now just open your mouth and say moo.”
- ashamed – envergonhada
- blush – ficar vermelha, corada
- clothing – roupa
- ear – ouvido
- eye – olhos
- let myself go – me descuidei
- look that bad – não está tão mal assim
- mouth – boca
- physical examination – exame físico
- say – diga
- tongue depressor – depressor de língua
- weight problem – problema de peso
- young woman – mulher jovem