A rather inebriated fellow on a bus was tearing up a newspaper into tiny pieces and throwing them out of the window.
“Excuse me,’ said the woman sitting next to him. “But, would you mind explaining why you’re doing this?’
“It scares away the elephants,’ replied the drunk.
“But I don’t see any elephants around here,’ said the woman.
“Effective, isn’t it?’ crowed the drunk.
- around here – por aqui
- crow – falar como um corvo, voz esganiçada
- fellow – homem, companheiro
- inebriated – embriagado
- newspaper – jornal
- next to – próxima, ao lado
- piece – pedaço
- reply – responder
- say (say, said, said) – dizer
- scare away – espantar
- see (see, saw, seen) – ver
- tear up – rasgar
- throw (thrown, threw, thrown) – jogar
- window – janela
- would you mind – você se importaria