The Doctor, who was known for his extraordinary treatment of arthritis, had a waiting room full of patients.
A little old lady, almost bent over in half, shuffled in slowly, leaning on her cane. When her turn came, she went into the doctor’s office and, amazingly, emerged within 5 minutes walking completely erect with her head held high.
A woman in the waiting room, who had seen all this, rushed up to the little old lady and said:
— My God, It’s a miracle!, seen it with my own eyes. You walked in nearly bent in half and now you’re walking out of here, upright! What did the doctor do?
— He gave me a longer cane.
- bent over in half – curvada ao meio
- cane – bengala
- full – cheio
- head – cabeça
- held high – ereta
- longer cane – bengala maior
- miracle – milagre
- own eyes – próprios olhos
- rush up to – ir rapidamente em direção a
- say (say, said, said) – dizer
- see (see, saw, seen) – ver
- shuffle – andar arrastando os pés
- slow(ly) – devagar, lentamente
- to be known – ser conhecido
- upright – ereta
- waiting room – sala de espera
- walk – andar