It was the day of the big sale.
Rumors of the sale and an advertisement in the local paper were the main reasons for the long line that formed in front of the store by 8:30, the store’s opening time.
A small man pushed his way to the front of the line, only to be pushed back amid loud and colorful curses.
On the man’s second attempt, he was punched square in the jaw and knocked around a bit, then thrown to the end of the line again.
As he got up the second time, he said to the person at the end of the line:
“That does it! If they hit me one more time, I don’t open the store!”
- big sale – grande liquidação
- advertisement – propaganda
- local paper – jornal local
- main – principal
- store – loja
- pushed – forçar
- loud – alto, estridente
- curse – ameaça, xingamento
- punched square in the jaw – levou um soco na mandíbula
- thrown – jogado
- get up – levantar
- that does it! – agora chega!
- hit – bater
- one more time – mais uma vez