It was a blind date (that she was going to have to thank her girlfriend for later), and she’d shown the patience of a saint as he babbled on and on about his hobbies, rock climbing, his pet peeves, his driving techniques, and even the standards he used to choose his barber.
Finally, he came up for air and said:
— But enough about me. Let’s talk about you.
She breathed a sigh of relief.
He went on:
— So, what do you think about me?
- date – encontro
- babbled on and on – falava continuamente
- rock climbling – escalada de rochedos
- came up for air – parou para respirar
- enough about me – chega de falar de mim
- breath a sigh of relief – respirar aliviada
- go on (went on) – continuar