An elderly couple, were experiencing declining memories, so they decided to take a power memory class, where they teach you to remember things by association. Later, the man was talking to a friend about how much the class helped him.
“Who was the instructor?” asked the neighbor.
“Oh, let’s see,” pondered the man. Ümm…what’s that flower, you know, that smells real nice, but it has those thorns…?”
“A rose?” offered the neighbor.
“Right,” said the man. He turned toward his house and shouted, “Hey, Rose, what’s the name of the guy we took that memory class from?”
- elderly couple – casal de idosos
- power memory class – aulas para melhoria da memória
- remember – lembrar
- later – mais tarde
- friend – amigo
- ponder – pensar, refletir
- smell – cheirar
- thorns – espinhos
- turned toward – virar-se em direção a
- guy – cara
- take (take, took, taken) – tomar