A small farm boy was milking his cow when all of a sudden a bull came charging towards him. As horrified workers nearby watched, the boy calmly continued his milking.
To everyone’s astonishment, the bull stopped a few inches from the boy, turned around and walked away.
“Weren’t you afraid?” one of the workers asked the boy.
“Not at all,” the boy replied , “I knew this cow was his mother-in-law.”
- afraid – com medo
- all of a sudden – repentinamente, de forma inesperada
- ask – perguntar
- astonishment – surpresa, espanto
- bull – touro
- came charging towards him – investiu em sua direção
- cow – vaca
- farm boy – garoto de fazenda
- inch – polegada
- know (know, knew, known) – saber
- milking – ordenhando
- mother in law – sogra
- nearby – próximo
- not at all – de forma nenhuma
- turn around – dar meia volta
- walk away – ir embora
- watch – assistir
- workers – trabalhadores