One day our professor was discussing a particularly complicated concept. A pre-med student rudely interrupted to ask, “Why do we have to learn this pointless information”
“To save lives.” the professor responded quickly and continued the lecture.
A few minutes later, the same student spoke up again. “So how does physics save lives?” he persisted.
“It keeps the ignoramuses like you out of medical school,” replied the professor.
- a few minutes later – alguns minutos mais tarde
- concept – conceito
- ignoramuses – ignorant
- learn (learn, learnt, learnt) – aprender
- lecture – aula, palestra
- like you – como você
- pointless information – informação inútil
- reply – responder
- rudely – rudemente, de maneira grosseira
- save – salvar
- speak up (speak, spoke, spoken) – falar