A guy was known among his friends to be very brief and to the point – he really never said too much. One day, a saleswoman knocked on his door and asked to see his wife, so the guy told her that she wasn’t home.
“Well,” the woman said, “could I please wait for her?”
The man directed her to the drawing room and left her there for more than three hours.
After feeling really worried, she called out for him an asked, “May I ask where your wife is?”
“She went to the cemetery,” he replied.
“And when is she coming back?”
“I don’t really know,” he said. “She’s been there eleven years now!”
- After feeling really worried – Após se sentir realmente preocupada
- a guy was known – um cara era conhecido
- among – entre
- And when is she coming back? – E quando ela volta?
- call out – chamar
- could I please wait for her? – Posso esperar por ela?
- drawing room – sala de estar
- friends – amigos
- I don’t really know – Eu realmente não sei
- knocked on his door – bateu à sua porta
- May I ask where your wife is? – Posso perguntar onde está a sua esposa?
- saleswoman – vendedora
- She’s been there eleven years now! – Ela está lá há onze anos!
- She went to the cemetery – Ela foi ao cemitério
- very brief an to the point – curto e objetivo
- wife – esposa