Jim Rankin was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn’t find a parking place.
Looking up toward heaven, he said, “Lord, take pity on me. If you find me a parking place I will go to church every Sunday for the rest of my life and give up beer.”
Just then a parking place miraculously appeared!
Jim looked up again and said, “Never mind. I found one!”
- driving down the street – dirigindo rua abaixo
- sweat – com pressa (suando)
- meeting – encontro, reunião
- parking place – vaga para estacionar
- heaven – céu
- take pity on me – tenha pena de mim
- find (find, found, found) – encontrar
- church – igreja
- give up – abandonar, desistir
- never mind – não se importe, deixa para lá