A preacher visits an elderly woman from his congregation. As he sits on the couch he notices a large bowl of peanuts on the coffee table.
“Mind if I have a few” he asks.” No, not at all” the woman replied.
They chat for an hour and as the preacher stands to leave, he realizes that instead of eating just a few peanuts, he emptied most of the bowl.
“I’m terribly sorry for eating all your peanuts, I really just meant to eat a few.”
“Oh that’s all right” the woman says. “Ever since I lost my teeth all I can do is suck the chocolate off them.”
- preacher – pastor, pregador
- elderly woman – senhora idosa
- sit (sit, sat, sat) – sentar
- notice – notar, ver
- bowl – vasilha
- peanuts – amendoim
- Mind if I … – Se importa se eu …
- not at all – de jeito nenhum
- reply – responder
- chat – conversar
- stand – levantar
- leave (leave, left, left) – partir
- realize – entender, compreender, vislumbrar
- few – alguns
- meant to eat a few – queria comer apenas alguns
- lose (lose, lost, lost) – perder
- teeth (tooth) – dentes (dente)
- suck – chupar
- off them – deles