A drunk phoned police from his cell-phone to report that thieves had been in his car.
“They’ve stolen the dashboard, the steering wheel, the shift, the brake pedal, even the accelerator” and gave them his location.
However, before the Police car left the station, the phone rang a second time and the same voice came over the line.
“Never mind,” he said with a hiccup, “I got in the back seat by mistake.”
- drunk – bebado
- cell-phone – telefone celular
- thief (thieves) – ladrões
- steal (steal, stole, stolen) – roubar
- steering wheel – direção
- shift – marcha
- brake pedal – pedal do freio
- leave (leave, left, left) – deixar, sair, partir
- ring (ring, rang, rang) – tocar
- never mind – não se incomodem
- hiccup – soluço
- back seat – banco de trás