A man is holding his wife’s hand as she lays on her death bed.
Jerry, I, . . ., I have something to tell you before I pass on.
No, no, dear. Everything is forgiven now. All is well.
No, Jerry. I’ve been carrying this load for years now, and I must tell you. I, . . ., I’ve been unfaithful to you. I slept with your best friend, Phil. I’m so terribly sorry.
Yes, dear, I know. Why do you think I poisoned you?
- all is well – tudo está bem
- best friend – melhor amigo
- carry – carregar
- death bed – leito de morte
- forgive (forgive, forgave, forgiven) – perdoar
- load – carga
- pass on – morrer
- poison – envenenar
- sleep (sleep, slept, slept) – dormir
- unfaithful – infiel