A pastor, a doctor and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers.
Engineer: What’s with these guys? We must have been waiting for 15 minutes!
Doctor: I don’t know, but I’ve never seen such ineptitude!
Pastor: Hey, here comes the greens keeper. Let’s have a word with him. Hi George. Say, what’s with that group ahead of us? They’re rather slow, aren’t they?
George: Oh, yes, that’s a group of blind fire fighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime.
The group was silent for a moment.
Pastor: That’s so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight.
Doctor: Good idea. And I’m going to contact my ophthalmologist buddy and see if there’s anything he can do for them.
Engineer: Why can’t these guys play at night?
- ahead – em frente
- engineer – engenheiro
- fire – fogo
- golfers – jogadores de golfe
- greens keeper – cuidador da grama
- group of blind fire fighters – grupo de bombeiros cegos
- I’ve never seen – Eu nunca vi
- last year – no ano passado
- Let’s have a word with him – Vamos falar com ele
- lost their sight – perderam a visão
- morning – manhã
- ophthalmologist buddy – amigo oftalmologista
- play for free – jogar de graça
- prayer – oração
- sad – triste
- slow – lento
- wait – esperar
- What’s with these guys? – Qual o problema com estes caras?
- Why can’t these guys play at night? – Porque estes caras não jogam de noite?