A climber fell off a cliff, and as he tumbled down, he caught hold of a small branch
“HELP! IS THERE ANYBODY UP THERE?” he shouted.
A majestic voice boomed through the gorge:
“I will help you, my son, but first you must have faith in me.”
“Yes, yes, I trust you!” cried the man.
“Let go off the branch,” boomed the voice.
There was a long pause, and the man shouted up again, “IS THERE ANYONE ELSE UP THERE I COULD TALK TO?”
- boom – ribombar
- branch – galho
- catch hold – agarrar, segurar
- climber – alpinista
- cry (cry, cried, cried) – gritar
- fall off a cliff – cair de um penhasco
- gorge – ravina
- IS THERE ANYBODY UP THERE? – Tem alguém aí em cima?
- IS THERE ANYONE ELSE UP THERE I COULD TALK TO? – Tem mais alguém com quem eu possa conversar?
- Let go off the branch – Largue o galho
- shout – gritgar
- trust – confiar
- tumble down – ir rolando morro abaixo
- you must have faith in me – você tem que ter fé em mim