A traveller walking along a road asked an old man working in a field to how long it would take to get to the next village. But the old man didn’t answer, so the traveller kept walking.
He hadn’t gone far when he heard a call: “Hi, mister, it’ll take you about 20 minutes”.
“Why didn’t you tell me that when I asked you?” asked the traveller.
“How did I know how fast you were going to walk?” replied the old man.
- answer – responder
- ask – perguntar
- call – chamado
- field – campo
- go far – ir longe
- hear (hear, heard, heard) – ouvir
- how fast – qual velocidade
- how long – quanto tempo
- it’ll take you – você vai levar
- keep walking – continuar andando
- know (know, knew, known) – saber
- next village – próxima vila
- old man – homem velho
- traveller – viajante
- walking along a road – andando em uma estrada
- work – trabalhar