A salesman was dismissed because he was rude to a customer. A month later the sales manager spotted him walking about in a police uniform.
“I see you’ve joined the force, Bhatnagar,” said the sales manager.
“Yes, Sir. This is the job I’ve been looking for all my life. Here the customer is always wrong.”
- all my life – toda a minha vida
- customer – freguês, cliente
- dismissed – demitido
- job – emprego
- joined the force – juntar-se à força (policial)
- later – mais tarde, depois
- look for – procurar
- month – mês
- salesman – vendedor
- say (say, said, said) – dizer
- see (see, saw, seen) – ver
- spotted – avistar, ver
- wrong – errado