These three boys are in the schoolyard bragging of how great their fathers are: The first one says:
— Well, my father runs the fastest. He can fire an arrow, and start to run, I tell you, he gets there before the arrow.
The second one says:
— Ha! You think that’s fast! My father is a hunter. He can shoot his gun and be there before the bullet.
The third one listens to the other two and shakes his head. He then says:
— You two know nothing about fast. My father is a civil servant. He stops working at 4:30 and he is home by 3:45!
- schoolyard – patio da escola
- bragging – vangloriando-se
- fire an arrow – disparar uma flecha
- hunter – cacador
- shoot his gun – disparar seu revolver
- bullet – bala
- shakes his head – balanca sua cabeca
- civil servant – funcionario publico