Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to judge.
The purpose of the Contest was to find the most caring child.
The winner was:
A four-year-old child, whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman, who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old Gentleman’s’ yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.
When his mother asked him what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy just said, ‘Nothing, I just helped him cry.’
- climb – subir, escalar
- contest – concurso
- cry – chorar
- elderly gentleman – senhor idoso
- find (find, found, found) – descobrir
- go (go, went, gone) – ir
- help – ajudar
- judge – julgar
- lecturer – palestrante
- lose (lose, lost, lost) – perder
- most caring child – criança mais cuidadosa, carinhosa
- neighbor – vizinho
- next door – porta ao lado
- purpose – objetivo
- see (see, saw, seen) – ver
- sit (sit, sat, sat) – sentar
- talk – falar
- wife – esposa
- yard – quintal