Two doctors and an HMO manager die and line up together at the Pearly Gates. One doctor steps forward and tells St. Peter, “As a pediatric surgeon, I saved hundreds of children.” St. Peter lets him enter.
The next doctor says, “As a psychiatrist, I helped thousands of people live better lives.” St. Peter tells him to go ahead.
The last man says, “I was an HMO manager. I got countless families cost-effective health care.”
St. Peter replies, “You may enter. But,” he adds, “you can only stay for three days. After that, you can go to hell.”
- better lives – vidas melhores
- countless – incontáveis
- health care – cuidado com a saúde
- hell – inferno
- HMO – Health Maintenance Organization – Organização de Manutenção da Saúde
- Pearly Gates – Portal do Paraíso
- reply – responder
- save – salvar
- step forward – dar um passo à frente
- thousands – milhares
- together – juntos
- you can only stay for three days – você só pode ficar três dias