After my husband and I had a huge argument, we ended up not talking to each other for days. Finally, on the third day, he asked where one of his shirts was. “Oh,” I said, “now you’re speaking to me.”
He looked confused. “What are you talking about?”
“Haven’t you noticed I haven’t spoken to you for three days?” I challenged.
“No,” he said. “I just thought we were getting along.”
- challenge – desafiar
- getting along – nos dando bem, entendendo
- Haven’t you noticed – você não notou
- huge argument – uma enorme discussão, briga
- husband – marido
- shirt – camisa
- speak (speak, spoke, spoken) – falar
- think (think, thought, thought) – pensar
- What are you talking about? – Do que você está falando?