Finding one of her students making faces at others on the playground, Ms. Smith stopped to gently reprimand the child. Smiling sweetly, the Sunday school teacher said:
— Johnny, when I was a little girl, I was told if that I made ugly faces, it would freeze and I would stay like that.
Little Johnny looked up and replied:
— Well, Ms Smith, you can’t say you weren’t warned.
- find (find, found, found) – encontrar
- freeze – congelar
- look up – olhar para cima
- make face – fazer careta
- reply – responder
- reprimand – repreender
- smile – sorrir, sorriso
- stay like that – ficar daquele jeito
- Sunday school – escola dominical
- sweetly – docemente
- ugly face – cara feia, careta
- you can’t say you weren’t warned – você não pode dizer que não foi avisada