Little Johnny’s Chemistry teacher wanted to teach his class a lesson about the evils of liquor, so he set up an experiment that involved a glass of water, a glass of whiskey, and two worms.
— Now, class. Observe what happens to the two the worms, said the professor putting the first worm in the glass of water. The worm in the water moved about, twisting and seemingly unharmed. He then dropped the second worm in the whiskey glass. It writhed in pain for a moment, then quickly sank to the bottom and died.
— Now kids, what lesson can we derive from this experiment? he asked.
Little Johnny raised his hand and wisely responded:
— Drink whiskey and you won’t get worms!
- bottom – fundo
- chemistry – química
- die – morrer
- Drink whiskey and you won’t get worms! – Beba uísque e você não terá vermes!
- drop – deixar cair
- evils of liquor – males da bebida
- glass – copo
- raise – levantar
- set up – montar
- sink (sink, sank, sunk) – afundar
- teacher – professor
- teach (teach, taught, taught) – ensinar
- twist – torcer, remexer
- unharmed – ileso
- water – água
- worms – vermes
- writhed in pain – se retorcer de dor