Ole bought two horses, and could never remember which was which. Sven suggested that he cut the tail of one horse and that worked great until the other horse got his tail caught in a bush. It tore just right and looked exactly like the other horse’s tail and Ole was stuck again.
Then Sven suggested he notch the ear of one horse. That worked fine until the other horse caught his ear on a barbed wire fence. Once again Ole couldn’t tell them apart.
Then Sven suggested he measure the horses for height. When he did, he was very pleased to find that the white horse was 2 inches taller than the black one.
- barbed wire fence – cerca de arame farpado
- bush – arbusto
- buy (buy, bought, bought) – comprar
- catch (catch, caught, caught) – pegar, enroscar
- cut (cut, cut, cut) – cortar
- find (find, found, found) – descobrir, encontrar
- height – altura
- horse – cavalo
- measure – medir
- never – nunca
- notch the ear – cortar a orelha
- remember – lembrar
- stuck again – de novo com problemas
- tail – cauda
- taller – mais algo
- tear (tear, tore, tore) – rasgar, dilacerar
- tell apart – distinguir, diferenciar
- until – até que
- which was which – qual era qual
- work great – funcionar muito bem