Some guy bought a new fridge for his house.
To get rid of his old fridge, he put it in his front yard and hung a sign on it saying:
Free to good home. You want it, you take it.
For three days the fridge sat there without even one person looking twice at it.
He eventually decided that people were too untrusting of this deal.
It looked to good to be true, so he changed the sign to read:
Fridge for sale $50.
The next day someone stole it. Caution…
- buy (buy, bought, bought) – comprar
- change – mudar, trocar
- deal – negócio
- fridge – geladeira
- front yard – pátio da frente da casa
- get rid of – livrar-se de
- guy – cara, sujeito, pessoa
- hang (hang, hung, hung) – pendurar
- steal (steal, stole, stolen) – roubar
- take it – levar
- too good to be true – muito bom para ser verdade
- twice – duas vezes
- untrusting – desconfiado