Jose & Carlos are panhandling on the streets of America. Jose drives a Mercedes, lives in a mortgage free house and has a lot of money to spend.
Carlos only brings in 2 to 3 dollars a day.
Carlos asks Jose how he can bring home a suitcase full of $10 bills every day.
Jose says “Look at your sign. It says: I have no work, a wife and 6 kids to support”.
Carlos looks at Jose’s sign.
It reads “I only need another $10.00 to move back to my country”.
- bill – nota
- bring (bring, brought, brought) – trazer
- drive (drive, drove, driven) – dirigir
- kid – criança
- mortgage free – sem hipoteca
- move back – voltar
- panhandling – pedir esmola
- sign – cartaz
- spend (spend, spent, spent) – gastar
- street – rua
- suitcase – valise
- wife – esposa