A woman was flying from Seattle to San Francisco. Unexpectedly, the plane was diverted to Sacramento along the way. The flight attendant explained that there would be a delay, and if the passengers wanted to get off the aircraft the plane would re-board in 50 minutes.
Everybody got off the plane except one lady who was blind. The man had noticed her as he walked by and could tell the lady was blind because her Seeing Eye dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of her throughout the entire flight.
He could also tell she had flown this very flight before because the pilot approached her, and calling her by name, said, “Kathy, we are in Sacramento for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?” The blind lady replied, “No thanks, but maybe Buddy would like to stretch his legs.”
All the people in the gate area came to a complete standstill when they looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane with a Seeing Eye dog!
The pilot was even wearing sunglasses. People scattered. They not only tried to change planes, but they were trying to change airlines!
- airline – companhia aérea
- along the way – durante o vôo
- blind – cega
- complete standstill – parar totalmente
- could tell – pôde perceber
- delay – atraso
- diverted – desviado
- flight attendant – comissária de vôo
- gate area – área do portão
- get off – sair do avião
- lay – deitar
- leg – perna
- notice – notar
- picture this – imagine a cena
- scatter – espalhar
- seeing eye dog – cão guia
- stretch – esticar
- sunglasses – óculos escuros
- try – tentar
- underneath – sob
- unexpectedly – inesperadamente
- walk off the plane – sair do avião
- wear – usar