A Blonde was on a plane to Mexico when the pilot came in and solemnly told the crowd that one of the planes engines had gone, but he reassured them that they still had 3 engines and that there would only be a one hour delay.
About 30 mins later the captain came in again and told the passengers that a second engine had failed but not to worry as there was still 2 engines but that there would be now 2 hours delay.
Again, about 30 mins later the pilot came in again and said that the 3rd engine had failed but we still had 1 engine so not to worry but there would be a 3hour delay.
30mins later the pilot came in again and said that the last engine had gone, at this the blonde turned round and said, “Oh no! does that mean there will be a four hour delay?!”
- come in – entrar
- crowd – multidão, várias pessoas
- does that mean there will be a four hour delay?! – Isto significa que teremos um atraso de quatro horas?!
- engine – motor
- fail – falhar, parar de funcionar
- had gone – parou de funcionar
- later – mais tarde
- one hour delay – uma hora de atraso
- plane – avião
- reassure – garantir, reafirmar
- say (say, said, said) – dizer
- still – ainda
- turn round – virar-se
- worry – preocupar