The police car, its siren blaring, raced in front of a speeding car and forced it to stop.
A heavily built policeman got out and walked over.
“Your name, please?” asked the policeman, taking out his notebook and pen.
“Certainly, officer”, replied the driver. “It’s Horatio Xerxes Laertes Idomeneus Aeneas Asclepius Iphicles Menoeceus Memnon Philoctetes Tyndareus Hylas.
The policeman thought for a moment, then looked at his notebook, shook his head and said:
“I’ll just give you a warning this time, don’t break the speed limit again.”
- again – novamente
- blaring – em alto volume, retumbante
- break – quebrar (ultrapassar)
- get out – sair
- head – cabeça
- heavily built – grande, enorme
- notebook – caderno
- pen – caneta
- police car – carro da polícia
- reply – responder
- say (say, said, said) – dizer
- shake (shake, shook, shaken) – balançar
- siren – sirene
- speed limit – limite de velocidade
- take out – tirar
- think (think, thought, thought) – pensar
- walk over – andar na direção de
- warning – advertência