Bob left work one Friday evening.
But it was payday, so instead of going home, he stayed out the entire weekend partying with his mates and spending his entire wages.
When he finally appeared at home on Sunday night, he was confronted by his angry wife and was barraged for nearly two hours with a tirade befitting his actions. Finally his wife stopped the nagging and said to him, “How would you like it if you didn’t see me for two or three days?”
He replied, “That would be fine with me.”
Monday went by and he didn’t see his wife.
Tuesday and Wednesday came and went with the same results.
But on Thursday, the swelling went down just enough where he could see her a little out of the corner of his left eye.
- angry raivosa – esposa raivosa
- befitting – adequada, apropriada
- corner of his left eye – canto do seu olho esquerdo
- evening – noite
- Friday – Sexta-feira
- instead – ao invés de
- just enough – o suficiente
- leave (leave, left, left) – sair
- nagging – aporrinhação
- partying with his mates – festejando com seus amigos
- payday – dia de pagamento
- reply – responder
- same results – mesmos resultados
- spend (spend, spent, spent) – gastar
- Sunday – Domingo
- swelling – inchaço
- That would be fine with me – Por mim tudo bem
- wage – salário
- weekend – final de semana
- went down – diminuiu
- wife – esposa