“If you had a dollar,” quizzed the teacher, “and you asked your father for another dollar and fifty cents, how much money would you have?”
“One dollar.” answered little Johnny.
“You don’t know your basic math.” said the teacher shaking her head, disappointed.
Little Johnny shook his head too, “You don’t know my daddy.”
- basic math – matemática básica
- father – pai
- head – cabeça
- how much money would you have? – Quanto dinheiro você teria?
- Little Johnny – Joãozinho
- quiz – questionar, perguntar
- shake – balançar
- teacher – professor
- You don’t know my daddy – Você não conhece o meu pai