At Sunday School they were teaching how God created everything, including human beings. Little Johnny seemed especially intent when they told him how Eve was created out of one of Adam’s ribs.
Later in the week his mother noticed him lying down as though he were ill, and asked, “Johnny what’s the matter?”
Little Johnny responded, “I have a pain in my side. I think I’m going to have a wife.”
- Sunday school – escola dominical
- teach (teach, taught, taught) – ensinar
- human beings – seres humanos
- intent – interessado, atento
- tell (tell, told, told) – contar, dizer
- rib – costela
- week – semana
- lying down – deitado
- as though – como se
- ill – doente
- what’s the matter? – qual é o problema?
- pain – dor
- think (think, thought, thought) – pensar