Saturday morning I got up early, quietly dressed, made my lunch, and slipped quietly into the garage.
I hooked up the boat up to the van, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour.
The wind was blowing 50 mph, so I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad all day.
I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed.
I cuddled up to my wife’s back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered, “The weather out there is terrible.”
My loving wife of 5 years replied, “And, can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?”
And that’s how the fight started…
- back out – tirar o carro da garagem, sair
- bad – ruim
- believe – acreditar
- blow (blow, blew, blown) – soprar
- cuddle – aninhar, aconchegar
- discover – descobrir
- dress – vestir
- early – cedo
- fight – briga
- fish – pescar
- get up – levantar
- hook up – conectar
- make (make, made, made) – fazer
- morning – manhã
- pull back – entrar, retornar para a garagem
- reply – responder
- slipped back into bed – voltar para a cama
- start – começar
- torrential downpour – chuva torrencial
- turn on – ligar
- whisper – sussurrar
- wife – esposa
- wind – vento