The doctor stood by the bedside of a very sick patient and said, “I cannot hide the fact that your are very ill, my man. Is there any one you would like to see?”
“Yes,” replied the patient faintly, “Another doctor”.
- another doctor – outro médico
- bedside – ao lado da cama
- faintly – fracamente
- hide (hide, hid, hidden) – esconder
- ill – doente
- say (say, said, said) – dizer
- see (see, saw, seen) – ver
- sick – doente
- stand (stand, stood, stood) – ficar em pé
Observação: para quadros menos graves e mal-estares, use “sick” enquanto que para as mais sérias, use “ill”.
Fonte: Blog Englishtown