An old snake goes to see his doctor.
He says, “Doctor, I need something for my eyes. I can’t see well these days”. The doctor fixes him up with a pair of glasses and tells him to return in 2 weeks.
The snake comes back in 2 weeks, and tells the doctor he’s very depressed.
The doctor says, “What’s the problem? Didn’t the glasses help you?”
“The glasses are fine doc. I just discovered I’ve been living with a water hose the past 2 years!”
- discover – descobrir
- eye – olho
- fine – ótimo
- fix him up – receita, prescreve
- pair of glasses – óculos
- return – retornar
- see (see, saw, seen) – ver
- snake – cobra
- tell (tell, told, told) – dizer, contar
- the past 2 years – pelos últimos dois anos
- water hose – mangueira de água