One morning I was called to pick up my son at the school nurse’s office.
When I walked through the main entrance, I noticed a woman, curlers in her hair, wearing pajamas. “Why are you dressed like that?” I asked her.
“I told my son,” she explained, “that if he ever did anything to embarrass me, I would embarrass him back. He was caught cutting school. So now I’ve come to spend the day with him!”
- pick up – pegar
- son – filho
- nurse – enfermeira
- through – através
- curlers in her hair – rolos no cabelo
- pajamas – pijamas
- dressed – vestida
- tell (tell, told, told) – contar, falar para
- catch (catch, caught, caught) – pegar
- cutting school – matando aula
- spend (spend, spent, spent) the day – passar o dia